Back to Results
Major Gifts Officer
The Rescue Mission Alliance (RMA) is a Christian non-profit organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Southern California through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services since 1972. RMA partners with local churches to meet the spiritual needs of the people we serve.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) develops long-term relationships between the Mission and Major Donors for the purpose of raising funds to support the goals and the work of RMA and the San Fernando Valley missions. The MGO will serve as a lead development resource for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and acquisition of major gift opportunities as well as managing an assigned donor caseload. The MGO is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Chief Development Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer (CDO), perform duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Establish professional, caring, strengths-based relationships built on truth, respect, encouragement, and trust.
- Maintain a high level of integrity in modeling and promoting the RMAs core values and culture standards.
- Work as a member of the development team to:
- Help establish department strategies, budget, policies and priorities
- Advise the CDO in matters related to major donor development
- Proactively assist as necessary in the overall success of the RMA Mission
- Relationship Management and Solicitation
- Create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts and private foundation major gift donor strategies with the CDO and Grants Officer.
- Develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate and long-term funding goals of the organization for high net worth individuals.
- Play lead role in soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Manage relationship process for individual major donors including prospect solicitation and briefings with key RMA staff.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Plan and implement tours for funding campaigns and activities for individual major donors using existing activities as appropriate.
- Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve major gift revenue goals.
- Assist with review and verification of major donor recognition lists.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in other activities, programs, and teams to support the purposes of RMA.
- Comply with and promote the RMA safety program.
- Perform other related duties and projects assigned by the CDO.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of RMA, and faithfully uphold RMA ministry in prayer.
- Agrees with the RMA Statement of Faith
- The Major Gifts Officer will be a mid-level leader with a minimum of a bachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree (or an equivalent work experience) and 5 plus years of fundraising experience.
- A visionary, results-oriented, and relationship-driven person
- Must have demonstrated success in nonprofit organizations, and a record of successfully closing major gifts.
- Passion for and knowledge of issues of homelessness and social services.
- Commitment to representing RMA with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism.
- Strong organization and time management skills, proven attention to detail and timely follow-through, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative, self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects well, working both independently and as a team member.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Effective storytelling and listening skills.
- Raisers Edge CRM
- Microsoft Office Suite
This position requires extended times of work in an office environment in meetings and working at a desk and computer and might include travel to various ministry locations, meetings, and events.
Basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and printers.
This is a hybrid position that will include working in the San Fernando Valley missions, remotely, and as needed from the RMA headquarters at 315 N A Street in Oxnard, California.
Category: Communications/Public Relations
7/28/2023 2:20:29 PM