Back to Results
Program Manager - Woman's Shelter
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Women's Ministries, responsible for providing leadership, administration and management of the staff and program components of the New Life Fellowship (NLF) program at Simonka Place, ministering to women dealing with life-controlling issues and addictions.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Provides spiritual leadership, training, scheduling, program development, and administrative supervision for the NLF program, including but not limited to:
a. Bible studies b. Discipleship c. Recovery classes d. One-on-one and group sessions e. Life Skills classes f. Academic assistance g. Mentor coordination and training
2. Build and maintain relationships with program participants, volunteers, and staff for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship while demonstrating excellent customer service C.A.R.E. standards.
a. Performs job with integrity Ã¢â‚¬â€œ respects and honors others.
Models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener. Responsive
Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively. Excellent
Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
3. Weekly individual counseling, as well as weekly group counseling/process groups helping women overcome addictions and life controlling addictive behaviors.
4. Responsible for the oversight and case management of all NLF candidates.
5. Plan curriculum, prepare for, and teach daily program classes (one-to-one and a half hour in length).
6. Oversees the implementation of morning chapel, five days a week, 45 minutes in length, facilitating at least one session a week.
7. Mediate conflict between program participants and/or program participants and staff.
8. Approves and dismisses NLF participants as appropriate.
9. Oversees monthly, random UAs and other drug and alcohol testing as required.
10. Approve day passes; write clothing vouchers, and grant meal tickets as needed.
11. Maintains current schedule of all NLF activities including, but not limited to:
a. Work therapy task assignments b. Classes c. Special events and outings
12. Responsible to ensure all program living and common areas are safe, well maintained, and clean.
13. Gather, assemble, and submit all necessary paperwork and follow through for Director of Women's Ministries:
a. Month end reports. b. Significant issues/conflicts pertaining to clients, program, staff. c. Safety issues. d. Others as requested.
14. Ensures effective and timely communication of all relevant information to other Simonka Place Team members.
15. Attend and participate in weekly Simonka Place leadership meetings.
16. Mentor coordination: Maintaining communication between mentors, mentee, and staff Maintaining Mentor records Plan, prep, and facilitate mentor trainings.
17. Attend required UGM meetings, conferences, and trainings.
18. Assist with other duties as needed and directed by the Director of Women's Ministries.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of substance abuse or recovery required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage crisis situations. Excellent organizational and administrative skills including understanding of program. development and implementation. Demonstrated ability to conduct biblically based recovery counseling. Computer literate including the use of basic Microsoft Office applications. Valid Oregon State Driver's License. Must agree with UGM of Salem's Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS Degree in Counseling/Psychology, Biblical Studies, Chemical Dependency (or similar) or equivalent years of experience required. CADC preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience of at least three (3) people. Minimum five (5) year's experience in rescue or recovery ministry or closely related field.
To apply please fill out the online form at this link: https://form.jotformz.com/1884820683
Category: Program Management
4/25/2023 9:37:09 AM