1. This one is simple. All submissions must be made using the online entry form. Please Note: Only Citygate Network mission/ministries are eligible to submit an entry for consideration; business members are not eligible.
2. For print publications (annual reports, general brochures, newsletters/magazines), only items produced for use in 2021 may be entered. In addition, you must submit one hard copy each of up to two printed publications and the name of the vendor (if applicable) for each category entered. For example, one copy of the May/June 2021 issue of your newsletter, or one copy each of the March/April and May/June 2021 issues of your newsletter; please do not submit more than two different issues published during the year. AFTER you have entered the publications on the online form, please print and enclose a copy of the mail-in entry from with printed submissions. Make sure your mail-in submissions are postmarked by April 13, 2022. Submissions dated after April 13 will not be eligible for consideration. Click here for the mail-in submission form.
3. Photographs submitted must have been taken in 2021 (but not necessarily used in publication that year). Photographs must be related to mission ministry: the people you serve, methods of service, results of ministry, etc. Please include the photographer’s name and date the photo was taken. Photo submissions should be high resolution, but no larger than 3 MB. Photography must be original (not stock) and missions submitting photographs must own the rights to publish the photos. You will upload the photos using the online entry form. (You do NOT need to mail printed copies.) PLEASE self-edit and submit your best three entries only.
4. Video submissions can be submitted in two categories: (1) PSAs/Commercials (60-second duration); and (2) Extended Videos (longer than 60 seconds) produced to tell a client's story, for fundraising purposes, or to show at a mission banquet. Video entries also must have been produced in 2021.
5. Mission logos must be the result of a new design or redesign in 2021. Please upload a PDF or .jpg of your logo along with the name of the designer/vendor using the online entry form.
6. Social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and websites will be judged in their current states in 2022. Please list the URL to each as indicated on the online entry form.
7. Missions may enter more than one piece per category but will be eligible to win only one award in that category.
8. Judging will be completed by experts knowledgeable in their respective fields of media. Decisions of the judges will be final.
9. All submissions must be completed online by April 13, 2022, and the mail-in copies for print categories must be postmarked by April 13, 2022 in order to be eligible.
Here's How to Enter:
Choose your categories.
You may submit work in the categories below:
Newsletters | Brochures | Annual Reports | Photos | Logos | PSAs/Commercials | Extended Videos | Websites | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Determine your budget category.
This is not project/department budget, but total operating budget of your mission. Please choose from one of the following:
up to $5,000,000 | more than $5,000,000
Review competition rules (above) and judging criteria.
Complete the online entry form.
Use the online entry form for ALL categories by entering titles and vendor information. For print media categories, you will mail in one copy of each entry; for all other categories, you will upload digital files or enter URLs.
Confirm entry submission.
You will receive a confirmation email after successfully submitting entries through the online entry. If for some reason you do not receive a confirmation, please email Justin Boles.
Mail in your hard copies for judging.
For print categories, please download, print, and mail in a hard copy of the mail-in entry form with your publications.
If you have questions, please email Justin Boles.
For more information about how categories will be judged, please visit our judging criteria page.
Ready to enter? Use the online entry form. Here's the mail-in entry form.
The competition officially opens March 14, 2022, and all entries must be submitted and postmarked by April 13, 2022. Check out the 2021 Winners page for inspiration now.