Back to Results
RN Care Coordinator
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator, under the supervision of the Shepherds House Medical Director, will oversee and promote the health and well-being of the Shepherds House program participants of the Men's and Women's Houses, the Graduate Houses and the Cold Weather Shelter guests. Will participate in fostering a safe and healing culture for those in recovery.
1. Provide advocacy for residents in obtaining medical, mental health, health insurance and social services.
2. Coordination of care with medical/mental health providers for residents.
3. Oversee prescribed medication for residents.
4. Provide education about medications to residents.
5. Accompany residents to doctor appointments as necessary.
6. Provide resident health education.
7. Do an initial comprehensive evaluation of all new residents.
8. Act as liaison and advocate for clients with local providers, clinics and hospital
9. Attend staff meetings and work with staff members to address medical and mental health needs which could be obstacle to clientÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚Â¢s progress in program.
10. Oversee biennial CPR recertification for staff
11. Coordinate COVID and influenza vaccination for staff and residents, as well as infection control education and oversight. Perform COVID-19 testing as needed.
Skills and Knowledge
Required: Superior nursing process skills with strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Strong med/surg, community health background. Excellent written, verbal, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Able to work independently and initiate program development. Able to collaborate with other team members.
Preferred: Experience in addiction and mental health fields. Knowledge of community resources.
Required: Current Oregon R.N. license, CPR certification
Preferred: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
20-25 hours per week
5/6/2021 12:54:47 PM