Back to Results
Culinary Kitchen Supervisor
Culinary Kitchen Supervisor - Full Time
This position is responsible for food ordering, weekly menu planning, and prep production. This person will maintain day to day operations of the kitchen and will coordinate setup, service, and cleanup of all special food service events held at MTM. The position is responsible for creating healthy and balanced menus. This person is responsible for assisting and reinforcing culinary staff training in collaboration with the culinary trainer. This individual is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedule of the kitchen and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with: (Job Responsibilities)
* Maintains production lists and direct the workload of Culinary Service staff for all food preparation and production for daily meals and special food service events
* Maintains supervision of food preparation shifts and direct resident guest workers and volunteers
* Monitors daily performance of culinary staff, provides relevant and effective coaching and accountability. Communicates with Director of Culinary Services promptly any staffing issues.
* Assist with training and development of culinary staff.
* Maintain and monitors adherence to Michigan Food Code and ServSafe safe food handling and sanitation standards of all Culinary Service staff and that of all kitchen volunteers, whether from the community or guests (i.e. hand washing, gloves, hairnets, illness, etc.)
* Maintains communication directly with the Director of Culinary Services in recipe development, selection, and menu creation for the kitchen and all special events
* Maintains food quality, setup, service, and cleanup of all daily food operations
* Maintains the organization and maintenance of kitchen area. Place work orders as needed
* Maintains standards of food preparation and presentation as set by the Culinary Service Director
* Maintains regular meetings with the Director of Culinary Services to make sure that all kitchen needs are being met
* Conducts internal health inspections, and assists with all KCHD inspections
* Maintains inventory of all food in kitchen storage areas making sure that items are labeled and properly dated
* Ensures that meals are served in a dignified and compassionate manner at all times. That the environment, cleanliness, and organization of guest areas if of the highest level of excellence.
* Maintains assurance that all meals are served on time, that the menus posted are accurate
* Considers requests for menu items conveyed by guests, and spends time communication and relating to guests each day
Bring your strengths: (Job Requirements)
* Five or more years in a similar role in the culinary field
* Previous experience in high volume food production
* Previous managerial experience is preferred
* A degree in culinary arts is preferred
* ServSafe certification is preferred
* Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
* Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
* Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
* Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
* Able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds regularly
* Able to use fine motor hand functions
* Frequently exposed to varying temperatures
Category: Food Services
3/17/2021 12:42:20 PM