Back to Results
Donor Engagement Specialist
Responsible for all Donor Development functions including:
-Donor data management including data entry, reports, queries, receipting and other associated functions
-Ensures prompt and courteous communication with all donors including proper receipting and appreciation and notify CEO and Director of Philanthropy of direct responses.
-Assists with Web-based giving and all aspects of Donor Perfect data entry and reporting.
- Works to improve data collection and reporting.
-Assist Director of Philanthropy in managing relationships with direct mail vendor
-Provides event planning support as requested
-Equips the Director of Philanthropy and the CEO for key constituent meetings, conversations, and presentations.
-Maintains historical records by compiling files, documents and newspaper mentions of ODM.
-Assists Director of Philanthropy with development strategies and plans in coordination with the Mission's short and long-term programs and campaigns to include:
-Closely monitors the success of fundraising efforts to meet current approved budget, fundraising events meet revenue targets and strategic goals.
-Develop partnerships with major individual, corporate, and foundation donor prospects.
- Implements systematic efforts through donor strategy and donor development platform to maintain and upgrade annual giving donor information.
-Assists with the grants program, including work related to grant writing and reports, proposal development and submission, relationship building, and the timely submission of grant proposals to private and public foundations, grantmakers, and corporations.
-Assists with direct mail campaigns and seasonal donor acquisition. Reviews and makes recommendations for improvement.
-Assists in the principle facilitation and coordination of any ODM capital campaigns.
-Provides for on-going promotion and support of planned giving opportunities and/or planning special events.
-Assists the Director of Philanthropy to develop strategies for all donor-related events.
-Adheres to appropriate standards (ECFA and CLA) for an effective donor recognition program to include written thank you letters, receipts, and personal phone calls.
-Keeps current on fundraising best practices and trends.
-Represents the Mission and participates in special events as necessary.
-Assists with communication including newsletter, literature, website, social media, and media advertising
-Assists in budget preparation
-Assumes other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Prior experience developing standards, compiling information, dealing with complexity, reporting research results, data entry skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, thoroughness, and the ability to work independently.
2. Have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and a deep desire to serve Him. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; Possess and demonstrates excellent integrity.
3. Has a heart of compassion and caring toward the homeless and hurting, and is passionate about ministering life-transformation.
4. Demonstrates a courteous and Christ-like manner with internal and external partners.
5. Agrees with and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Mission policies that are included in the Open Door Mission Directives, Code of Conduct, Statement of Faith, and Mission Statement.
6. Committed to serving the poor and homeless.
7. Presents a history of stable and responsible employment.
8. Possesses excellent skills in oral and written English communications.
9. Must be detailed, deadline-oriented, and comfortable managing multiple projects within tight schedules.
10. Possesses the ability to work effectively with others in a positive, cooperative manner.
11. Willingly signs a confidentiality agreement.
12. Must be in agreement with the goals and objectives of The Open Door Mission.
13. Proficient with computers and general office equip. Must demonstrate proficiency in MS Office, Adobe, etc.
14. Type 50 wpm
Category: Communications/Public Relations
1/7/2021 12:23:35 PM