Back to Results
Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager
Join the Open Door Mission's team of dedicated staff who are committed to full-time Christian ministry and breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you an experienced HR professional with a desire to serve in Christian ministry? Join our team to make an impact on your community! This position has the opportunity to interact with and support all areas of campus as they provide direct service to on-campus guests and the community. The HR Manager provides direct oversight of recruitment, onboarding, and retention of employees, overseeing compensation benefits, training, and employee relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES (A full job description will be provided for review during the interview process.)
- Oversee all HR-related functions for a staff of approximately 100 across one main campus (Omaha) and 2 smaller locations (Elkhorn, Council Bluffs)
- Oversee HR team, currently including one HR Associate.
- Work closely with the Leadership and Senior Leadership teams, advising on employment related issues and maintaining open communication.
- Oversee the full employee life cycle, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, performance management, and termination.
- Oversee accurate employee record-keeping, including paper and electronic files and our HRIS system (Paycor).
- Ensure HR practices and policies are in line with ODM's mission, vision, values, strategy, and goals, as well as up to date with current legal and compliance standards.
- Track HR metrics such as engagement and retention, and propose changes to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Plan and execute short and long-term goals for the HR department.
- Process bi-weekly organizational payroll using Paycor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, focusing in Human Resources, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in human resource management.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE...
- Experience in a Christian, faith-based nonprofit, and familiarity with relevant laws.
- Ability to connect with others, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the Paycor HRIS software.
- High level of organizational ability and attention to detail.
- HR experience at a 501(c)3.
- HR certification such as SHRM-CP or PHR.
- Experience in payroll processing.
PERKS & AVAILABLE BENEFITS
- 401(K) plan with a 2% company contribution and 4% company match
- Health Insurance option (including Health Savings Account with employer contribution)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Complimentary Life Insurance, Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance, and long-term disability.
- PTO and paid Sick leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- RightNow Media Membership
- Christ-centered staff culture
- On-campus cafeteria with complimentary meals
- On-campus exercise rooms
- Job Type: Full Time
- Pay Range: $55,000 - $70,000 annually
- Pay Frequency: Bi-Weekly
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm. Some evening and weekend work required occasionally, as well as ability to respond to urgent HR-related questions outside of work hours as needed.
- Work Location: Omaha Campus, Administration Office
ABOUT OPEN DOOR MISSION
Open Door Mission is a Gospel Rescue Mission founded in 1954 committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Each day, Open Door Missionâ€™s campus offers 917 safe, shelter beds to people experiencing homelessness, serves over 4,747 nutritious meals to feed the hungry, and provides homeless preventive resources to more than 1,000 people living in poverty to empower them to remain in their own homes.
At Open Door Mission, we believe in coming alongside people experiencing homelessness and poverty, empathizing with their situation and speaking truth into their livesâ€”that they are worthy, valued and created in the image of God. Itâ€™s our passion, our calling. And weâ€™ve been doing it since 1954.
Our Impact in 2021:
- Provided 144,066 nights of safe shelter.
- Served 1.11 million nutritious meals to feed the hungry.
- Empowered 26,211 individuals to remain in their own homes and preventing homelessness.
- Celebrated 64 graduates from life-changing programs.
- Diverted 359 patients experiencing homelessness from hospital emergency room visits.
- Cared for 55 COVID-positive guests and moved 16 medically fragile people, experiencing homelessness, into assisted living facilities.
- Supplied rental assistance for 160 families, diverting them from experiencing homelessness.
- Changed lives along with 11,079 volunteers giving 47,984 hours of their valuable time.
- The Open Door Mission team pivoted fluidly from a COVID Response to a COVID Recovery to where we are today â€“ COVID ready with a plan of action.
Apply today to join the team that's inspiring HOPE for lasting change in our community!
Category: Human Resources
8/31/2022 4:37:07 PM