Back to Results
This position is the first face of Mel Trotter Ministries, and is a brand representative of our values and hospitality. The manner in which Intake Specialists support our brand is by immediately and warmly welcoming guests, visitors, vendors, and staff members. Further, this position anticipates needs, offers accurate information, and shows urgency and passion in caring for others. This role works in tandem with Triage Specialists and Case Managers to provide the quickest and best connections and innovative solutions to our guests. This role is diligent in ensuring the building is safe and secure by providing consistent perimeter checks, ensuring no dangerous or prohibited materials are brought into the building and that all leaders and appropriate staff members receive accurate and prompt communication about any safety issues. This position also provides support in maintaining facility cleanliness. This role is tasked with providing accurate daily reports on activities using a digital reporting platform.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ensure and maintain a peaceful and safe environment by being present with guests, making rounds, conducting perimeter checks, monitoring security cameras, monitoring radio traffic, and conducting search requirements in our entry.
- Monitor guest behavior to ensure MTM policies and procedures are followed and the environment is safe and secure.
- Use trauma-informed de-escalation strategies, which are non-aggressive and non-physical, to address issues. Engage law enforcement or medical personnel as needed.
- Ensure organization, cleanliness, and proper use of all guest-use and functional spaces (guest storage areas, showers, heat treat).
- Represent Mel Trotter Ministries' brand with excellence and hospitality in all interactions with visitors, vendors, staff, and guests. Escort visitors, cheerfully share information, offer assistance at all times.
- Assist nurses with requests for aid in our Clinic, New Hope Sobering Center, and Detox rooms.
- Assist guests with Mel Trotter scheduled activities by responding to requests, clarifying information, connecting with Triage and Case Management, and anticipating and meeting basic needs promptly (fresh clothing, footwear, water, food).
- Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or another method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with appropriate teammates and leadership.
- Direct and guide interns and volunteers, ensuring they are adhering to MTM policies and practices.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed, throughout building and grounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred, but not required, certification in CPR and First Aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Preferred, but not required, experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
- Models professionalism
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
Mel Trotter Ministries Staff Attributes
We expect all staff to project and exemplify a passion for a faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests, to be humble, supportive team players, who acknowledge their gifts and those of others, are truthfully transparent, seek input from others, admit and learn from mistakes, are highly coachable and approachable. We expect a hungry, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, who shows a dedicated work ethic. We expect our staff to exhibit empathy, compassion, active listening, to be self-aware, sensitive across racial, class, and cultural lines, ethics, and approachability. We look for work habits of punctuality, dependability, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, team participation, integrity, problem-solving, and overall positivity.
These attributes, combined with the performance of your duties and meeting set goals/ metrics, will be the items we base your overall job performance on. Please refer to them often and feel free to ask for feedback on these areas regularly.
8/5/2022 3:13:29 PM