Back to Results
Counselor - WCM
Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that has made it on the Best Christian Workplace list two years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
As the Counselor, you will work with a team to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program, responsible for counseling women and facilitating classes at the Women's and Children's Ministry facility.
* Conduct individual counseling for mental health issues, addiction, Christian direction, and domestic violence issues.
* Advocate for and support program participants through intakes, referrals, safety planning, educational classes, individual advocacy-based counseling, and groups.
* Attend wrap, focus, and staff meetings as scheduled.
* Maintain confidential client files.
* Meet with on-site and clinical supervisor weekly.
* Attend training as assigned by supervisor.
* Be willing to be trained, and use Lifespan Integration therapy for trauma resolution.
* Participate in the Grace-based philosophy of ministry and the self-evaluation process.
* Attend and participate in all Mission, Division, and Department meetings and training, as required.
* Teach classes to assist guests of Hope Place to understand cycles of abuse, addiction, and other classes as assigned by the supervisor.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
*Master's degree or above.
*Experience in social service organizations is preferred.
*Two years of experience in counseling is preferred.
*LMHCA is required or eligible to obtain a license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment. Requires frequent use of computers, keyboarding, and talking on the telephone. Occasionally will stand, balance, twist, bend, stoop, kneel and reach with hands/arms. Regularly lifts up to 20 pounds and walks using stairways to climb multiple floors within the facility. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
COVID 19 PROTOCOL
Per King County, we require that everyone wear a mask while at any Mission facility (unless eating or drinking), practice social distancing, and temperature checks are required prior to entering any facility.
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1, employees at Seattle Union Gospel Mission for the following locations: KentHope, Hope Place, and Dental must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or be approved for a medical or religious exemption prior to being allowed to work.
6/16/2022 2:21:48 PM