Back to Results
Director of Planned Giving
The Planned Giving role is preferably based in Phoenix but may be remote with occasional trips to Phoenix as needed.
The newly-hired Director of Planned Giving will report to the Senior Director of Leadership Giving and will be the sole staff member devoted to growing current and deferred bequests through the use of a variety of gift planning vehicles. Previous planned giving experience is an absolute prerequisite for this position. The ideal candidate will bring broad experience in planned gift fundraising to the Leadership Giving team as well as extensive knowledge in successful strategies to briskly grow the planned giving program. The successful candidate will:
* Demonstrate proven success in closing traditional and complex planned gifts, including but not limited to bequests, gift annuities, remainder trusts, and gifts of real estate
* Implement short- and long-term planned giving goals and strategies to build upon existing commitments and expand the current donor base pipeline to support PRM
* Carry and manage a portfolio of planned giving donors and prospects for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
* Provide expertise in structuring complex gifts and working with colleagues to close new planned gift intentions
* Direct and oversee stewardship and recognition programs for planned giving donors and ensure effective regular communication and retention
* Manage multi-channel marketing and communications efforts to promote planned giving to prospective donors and help build a robust pipeline of donors and prospects, leveraging donors from our mid-level and direct response programs
* A credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
* A bachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree from a recognized four-year college or university. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for a BachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree
* Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and positively with other fundraising staff and success in relationship building with strategic external allied professionals
* A history of success in leading fundraising activities and creating a culture of philanthropy; a passion and talent for building and maintaining authentic relationships
* A proven record of personally securing current, deferred, or blended gift commitments
* Knowledge of nonprofit governance, organizational administration and Biblically-inspired relationship building and staff interaction in a nonprofit environment
* An ability to keep matters confidential and to demonstrate honesty, loyalty and respect
* A strong and demonstrable skill set in efficiently implementing multiple projects and activities with various deadlines simultaneously
* The ability to thrive in a consultative, diverse, inclusive and ever-changing environment
* Digital fluency with a comfort level with back-end development technology solutions
(Raisers Edge or comparable; Crescendo or comparable for planned giving)
For more information and instructions on how to apply, please see the attached document.
To engage the search process, please either e-mail your materials or contact Colleen Neese at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 802-8329.
7/13/2021 6:10:38 PM