Each year, Citygate Network members survey thousands of individuals utilizing emergency shelter, supportive services, addiction recovery, and residential programs.
The survey corresponds with the HUD Point-In-Time Count, which occurs mid January, 2022. We ask many of the same questions the government asks, but we also seek information specific to faith-based organizations (missions and similar ministries).
The data collected through the Snapshot Survey provides local and national media with a demographic snapshot of homelessness and poverty in communities across North America.
1. Select the date. Choose a specific day between January 24 and February 4, 2022 to conduct your survey.
2. Download and print Snapshot Survey forms. Please download all survey forms located in the table below. Print enough copies of the Facilitator’s Form to collect data from individuals requesting service at all mission locations and check-in areas. The Final Tally Form will help you compile your results and complete the online submission process.
|Survey Overview||Survey User Guide||Facilitator's Form||Final Tally Form|
|Survey Overview shares more in-depth about the purpose and value of the survey. When and how to collect the data.||The User Guide contains instructions that will help you to complete the survey. It provides insight into specific questions in the survey.||Print enough copies of the Facilitator's Form to collect data from individuals at all mission locations and check-in areas.||Use the Final Tally form to compile your survey results (totaling numbers from all Facilitator’s Forms) before submitting them online.|
|Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF||Download PDF|
3. Conduct the survey. If possible, survey everyone using mission-offered services, including your program participants and those coming for a meal, the day room, clothing, chapel service, etc. If that's not practical, collect as many responses as you can.
4. Submit your data. The deadline to submit your Snapshot Survey result was Friday, February 11, 2022.
5. Share your results. In return for your participation, we will send you a report of your mission's survey results and the association-wide comparison along with a press release template that can be used to share your mission's findings with local media.
Questions: Contact Justin Boles, vice president, at email@example.com or (719) 266-8300, ext 104.