Back to Results
The Findlay City Mission has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Director. The City Mission has a strong history to provide temporary shelter and food needs since 1934. Since 1998, the City Mission has seen an increase in men, women, and families seeking both emergency shelter and longer term stays in order to establish employment and find permanent housing. The City Mission now provides three meals a day to Residents who are utilizing our Day Center, established in 2010, to seek employment and housing. The Mission also continues to serve the needy of the community though evening meals, seven days a week, and twice weekly food box handouts. Due to the growing need in space, services, and resources, the City Mission launched its Capital Campaign in 2011 to raise much needed funding for expansion.
• A passion for serving the homeless within a Gospel Rescue Mission approach
• Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree preferred; Professional experience in nonprofit leadership and development (similar experience in for-profit environments considered)
• Experience in the salesmanship needed to cultivate donors, locate and acquire funding sources, and increase visibility
• Strong staff management experience, including the ability to motivate and coach staff to achieve results
• Experience in entrepreneurial thinking, developing programs, identifying key opportunities and challenges, and responding successfully
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the official spokesperson and development executive of the City Mission of Findlay.
• Be conversant with and stay current on homeless issues including local issues and programs, as the spokesperson and public face of the Mission
• Work closely with Mission Director and Board of Directors.
• Develop and execute City Mission’s annual fundraising plan.
• Develop an integrated marketing, communications, and public relations plan that supports the fundraising plan.
• Create and manage an annual budget for all development and communication activities.
• Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team, particularly in the areas of development and planning, in preparing an annual operating budget, blending Mission goals with fundraising activities.
• Generate, analyze, and present regular updates to the Board of Trustees on fundraising progress and special reports as needed.
• Oversee the Mission’s fundraising calendar and accountability for grant funds
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications
Category: CEO/Executive Director
11/2/2019 9:59:08 PM