Back to Results
Since 1952, Light of Life Rescue Mission has been a safe refuge for homeless and hurting people in the Pittsburgh area. The Mission is located within city limits on the North Side of Pittsburgh near the North Shore Stadiums and across the river from the Golden Triangle, Pittsburgh's downtown. Light of Life Ministries, Inc. has an operating budget of $7.9 million, 68 dedicated employees, a skilled Board of Directors, and has recently embarked on a capital campaign.
The organization is currently seeking an experienced professional to manage the accounting and financial aspects of Light of Life Ministries, Inc and its affiliated organization, Family Guidance, Inc. The Controller will account for all financial transactions adhering to GAAP and ECFA standards and each organization's internal control policies and procedures, as well as providing timely financial reports to the Board of each organization and respective managers. Reporting to the Director of Administration, will manage a team of three accounting staff.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- All accounting processes for all companies following the internal controls
- The budget creation process
- Reporting to all external stakeholders
- Overseeing the annual audits of three entities
- Management of government contracts
- Responsible for hiring, terminating and leading the accounting team
- Working as an integral member of the Admin team, supporting Admin's yearly expectations and assisting with other Admin work, when necessary.
Due to the interface with the clients, all jobs at Light of Life require employees to:
- Walk alongside clients as a disciple of Christ and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them through actions and words.
- Establish mutual trust and create a safe, authentic environment so that the clients continue to mature in Christ.
- Serve the clients in a Christ-like manner and practice a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Resolve all issues in ways that promote the principles of Light of Life while following the processes described in the LOL staff manual.
- Exhibit love for Jesus Christ, the staff, and the clients.
- Study the Christian Bible and apply the knowledge received/revealed to job duties and clients' specific issues.
- Help the clients make choices that are justifiably in their eternal best interest.
- Practice Christ Like stewardship of all resources.
- Model personal responsibility, accountability, timely reporting and a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; master's degree preferred.
- Member of the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of related financial experience with an increasing amount of responsibility.
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Master computer user, expert Excel and accounting software user.
- Non-profit experience desirable.
Light of Life offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume.
10/25/2019 10:00:45 AM