Back to Results
This position has primary responsibility for identifying, cultivating and soliciting funding sources, to include Charities, Foundations, City, State and Federal agencies. Managing current relationships and establishing new relationships, that result in funding for the Mission’s current needs and long term goals, is essential. This position will require the successful candidate to be able to seek new opportunities through research in databases, such as Foundation Center On-Line, and other sources that will lead to new funding. This position will work closely with PRM’s senior leadership to align PRM funding with PRM budgets. Annual funding projections will be the responsibility of this position.
Identify, cultivate and prepare proposals/grants.
Develop competitive, high-quality proposals/grants. Prepare and coordinate delivery of proposals and reports.
Ability to clearly communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
Meet with PRM’s program staff to determine project and departmental goals/objectives, scope, and funding needs for programs, projects and operations.
Monitor and meet all due dates.
Collaborates with Development staff to maintain and build current and future relationships
Maintain a high quality stewardship process for funders
Initiate opportunities and manage the logistics for key PRM staff to interact with current and potential funders for meetings and site visits.
Support the overall goals of the Development Department by assisting with writing and special projects, as needed.
Maintain proposal/grant files (hard and soft)
Lead or participate in devotions, prayers or other organization activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle.
Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 to 8 years related experience in proposal and/or grant writing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and techniques in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising expertise.
Demonstrated ability in proposal and grant writing. A proficiency in Microsoft programs and ability to learn Blackbaud/Raisers Edge donor database.
• A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
• Ability to initiate and build relationships with current and future funders and interact via all communication channels with their representatives.
• Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills including the ability to interact effectively with PRM leadership, departmental staff, community leadership, and funding agencies.
• Must be self-directed hands-on and able to work with program and development staff to achieve department and organizational objectives.
• Must meet and maintain the requirements of being an approved driver and driving a personal vehicle on PRM business
• A Member of the Association of Prospect Research Association and/or the Professional Grant writer’s Association, preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, taste or smell. The employee will often lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8/7/2019 11:47:16 AM