Back to Results
Senior Director, Development
Provide strategic leadership and operational oversight of all Development Department’s programs and services, ensuring that the mission and critical objectives are fulfilled. Key responsibilities include planning, management, administrative responsibilities, implementing/analyzing all the strategies that will produce an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and goal attainment. This position serves as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. Upholds Nashville Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times.
• Develops cultivation, stewardship and prospecting strategies for individual annual/major gifts, planned giving, corporate partnerships and grants. Provide direction regarding the strategic planning in fundraising channels to include but not limited to: direct response, digital, email and event sponsorships.
• Develops annual fundraising budgets (inclusive of individual, grants and corporate).
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits and expands the number of prospects and donors.
• Provides analysis and reporting on overall performance of fundraising against goals and strategic plan.
• Stays apprised of advancements and changes pertinent to fundraising and development profession.
• Directs and leads adaptations to current strategies and practices in accordance with these changes and as necessary.
• Provides vision and direction to build and manage a full-scale development program.
• Builds the pipeline of potential future donors that will allow the organization to strengthen its relationship with its existing giving base and broaden its support across generations, socio-economic sectors, races, religions and giving ability. Approaches appropriate constituencies to increase and diversify philanthropic giving.
• Oversees the marketing communications strategies.
• Participates in speaking engagements and with media as needed to promote Nashville Rescue Mission.
• Attends Board of Directors meetings as needed.
• Building on a strong experience base and creative intellect, designs and pursues growth strategies for existing fundraising.
• Identifies new opportunities to expand organizational funding and design, plans and leads successful new fundraising initiatives based on well-crafted strategy.
• Actively supports organizational events to help secure sponsors, promote attendance, and cultivates/manages event-related relationships as part of stewardship plans.
• Assumes bottom line responsibility for Nashville Rescue Mission income goals.
Donor Relations and Cultivation
• Creates, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to support organization’s fundraising efforts including responding to donor concerns and/or requests, gift acknowledgements, program information and stewardship.
• Fosters a positive, ongoing relationship with donors and ensures a long-term relationship is forged by maintaining contact and proactively educating donors on outcomes and results of Nashville Rescue Mission efforts.
• Designs and implements growth and retention strategies with existing donors and opportunities to forge new donor relationships.
Leadership and Team Development
• Manages and nurtures Development staff, including hiring, training, and evaluating performance. Contributes to continued growth of organization through team development meetings.
• Directly manages multiple Development team members and assigns fundraising goals/objectives and manages performance metrics that drive organizational development objectives.
• Defines and implements strategies for portfolio and prospect management for Development team and other senior leaders as appropriate.
• Leads the team in raising annual, major, corporate, grants, capital, and deferred commitments through continuous relationship building, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with prospective and current donors.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Be a servant leader who gracefully navigates the unique dynamics of working in a Christ-focused organization while being a proactive leader.
• Demonstrate the ability to work well with diverse constituencies – a consensus builder with the ability to form coalitions among differing viewpoints.
• Be a self-starter capable of quickly identifying critical issues and developing solutions and plans to accomplish objectives.
• Display a level of maturity, compassion, and a leadership style that will create trust, enthusiasm, and confidence.
• Be energetic, positive, intelligent, and hands-on with a strong sense of team, able to maintain and grow the mission and vision of Nashville Rescue Mission.
• Maintain an open, candid, transparent management style.
• Be dynamic and innovative; able to approach difficult problems from multiple directions and promote new ideas.
• Be socially graceful, energetic, outgoing personality who mixes readily and well with a variety of constituencies.
• Be trustworthy; operate with the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior.
• Ability to maintain a sense of humor.
Special Skills/Education/Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Three to five years development experience, preferably with a nonprofit.
- Good letter writing, ability to research on the internet, professional phone and communication skills are essential to this job.
- Must be able to speak effectively to large groups of people.
- Must possess computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft word, excel, power point and outlook.
- Must have the ability to speak to groups and media regarding Nashville Rescue Mission programs and activities.
- Must possess the skills to lead and motivate the development team members.
• Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb stairs, push and pull items weighing 25 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
• Excellent reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
• Ability to qualify as a Designated Mission Vehicle driver under NRM insurance policy:
o Valid Tennessee Driver’s License
o Have no more than two moving violations in a 3-year period or more than one accident in a 1-year period
o Proof of insurance on personal vehicle (current)
o Physical driving test
Inside and outside work environment.
5/31/2019 12:01:42 PM