Back to Results
Chief Program Officer
Position Summary: The CPO is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and works closely with the CEO, the CFO, and Directors. The CPO focuses primarily on the overall development, expansion, integration, continuous improvement and implementation of PRM’s comprehensive program strategies; and ensures the creation, the quality, effectiveness, efficiencies, coordination, and consistency of PRM Programs & Services. The CPO is responsible for the development and oversight of all client programs as designated by the CEO.
Competencies: Servant leadership; strategic thinking and planning, results driven, business and administrative skills, ability to collaborate and make decisions that support the Mission. Has the ability to operationalize and manage financial goals and objectives as part of the strategic plan. Ability to oversee employee and staff planning for programs and services. Excels at delegating tasks and has exceptional communication and active listening skills.
• Collaborate with others in leadership and prayerfully seek the wisdom and exercise the discernment necessary to recognize the leadership the Lord wants for the Mission.
• Lead and participate in devotions, prayers or other organizational activities that promotes Christian values.
• Be a solid and credible witness and exhibit a lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
• Routinely reports to the CEO and provide reports on efficiencies, effectiveness & status of programs.
• Prepare statistical reports and narrative reports as requested.
• Contribute to PRM’s strategic plan and direction in collaboration with the CEO and senior staff (Chiefs and Directors).
• Utilize the strategic plan and general priorities to monitor and set goals for efficiencies & effectiveness of programs and services.
• Identify reporting metrics based on result-oriented performance of programs and meeting of client needs.
• Ensure that there is optimum functionality (structure & personnel) of the programs to support sustainable growth.
• Work collaboratively with senior staff to identify process/systems changes in programs in order to be more effective and efficient while still maintaining quality in client services.
• Evaluate effectiveness of programs/services based on client satisfaction & success.
• Collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement plans, systems, and processes that impact other areas.
• Ensure that the 2-way feedback mechanism is promoted and utilized to the betterment of PRM, staff, and clients.
• Ensure that PRM quality standards, policies, and procedures are communicated and observed.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management of Directors who are direct reports.
• Develop, promote, and monitor programs to provide vocational development opportunities for clients, employment opportunities for qualified graduates, and revenues for PRM.
• Provide administrative supervision and ensure quality clinical supervision of staff. Ensure quality service delivery, proper case documentation, and record keeping.
• Provide direct services to clients including assessments, case management, education, and individual and group counseling as needed.
• Assign goals and responsibilities based on overall PRM objectives to team members and work with them to develop strategies to achieve the goals.
• Oversee and work collaboratively and creatively with senior staff in the creation/design and delivery of program services, and the re-engineering of current programs.
• Establish procedures as needed for compliance in programs and for employees that serve in the program areas.
• Oversee program functions and provide support necessary for on-going issues, concerns and implementation.
• Ensure that program staff maintain positive relationships with clients, other staff, and external stakeholders.
• Facilitate PRM’s relationship with University partners in providing quality clinical internships for counseling and social work students.
Staffing & Management:
• Act as a leader and advisor to PRM leaders on programs.
• Recruit, supervise, evaluate, and develop program staff.
• Develop a high-performance team culture that is focused on leadership and accountability at all levels, continuous learning, collaboration, measurement, and achievement.
• Work collaboratively with senior staff to translate high level organizational objectives into lower level program and employee driven goals.
• Ensure appropriate coaching and training necessary for maximum performance of employees in programs.
• Work collaboratively with Human Resources and oversee the attracting, retention and onboarding of employees that work in programs.
• Work collaboratively with senior staff and Human Resources on a routine analysis of employee satisfaction, retention, knowledge learning, on-boarding, and other staffing metrics and recommend changes.
• Attend and participate in all management meetings as required.
• Act as a role model and lead by example on the Programs team using our cultural values as a guide.
• Promote a positive culture of the organization through personal Servant Leadership.
• Provide an open-door policy for senior staff and for staff to ask questions and receive feedback.
• Develop strong trusting relationships with other leaders and staff.
• Continuously promote the Mission, Vision and Values to all staff as a benchmark of PRM.
Budgetary & Finance:
• Develop annual budgets for Programs and make recommendations to the CEO.
• Manage team and initiatives within the budget allocated for Programs.
• Oversee and ensure timely reporting and disbursements from the PRM Program budget.
• Collaborates with the CEO, and senior staff in making budget goal adjustments as needed.
• Assists the CEO and CDO in fundraising, public relations, special events or promoting PRM ventures as requested.
• Works collaboratively with Development to provide necessary information needed for grants and other fundraising activities.
• Network and collaborate with other service providers, the Christian community, and volunteers to promote the enhancement of quality services and partner relationships.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, licensing and accreditation requirements to include holding staff accountable for compliance with required regulations and procedures.
• Maintain appropriate internal controls and procedures in the Programs.
• Master’s degree in Administration, Ministry, Social Work, or related field from an accredited college or university. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for the Master’s Degree.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing, implementing, and administering Christ-centered programs and curriculum dealing with life controlling issues such as homelessness, addiction, domestic violence, trauma recovery, etc.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing and developing a team of professionals.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with external groups to include volunteers, churches, ministries, educational institutions, government, social service agencies, etc.
• Professional licensure and/or clinical supervisor certification preferred.
• Must have strong demonstrated leadership, administrative, and supervisory skills.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with PRM's policies and procedures as well as applicable laws.
• Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills using biblical based principles.
• Ability to interpret and incorporate Biblical principles and related scriptural references into counseling and education of residents.
• Experience in interviewing, hiring/termination and training employees; performance management.
• Ability to gain working knowledge of local and regional social service resources.
• Good organizational skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
• A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions.
• Trustworthy with confidential material and information.
• Professional manner, appearance, and communications.
• Flexible schedule, position requires weekend and evening events.
• Must meet and maintain the requirements of being an approved driver and driving a personal vehicle on PRM business.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5/8/2019 12:04:55 PM