Back to Results
Assistant Director, Life Recovery Counseling
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you'll be empowered to influence and impact lives.
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking an Assistant Director, Life Recovery Counseling to lead and manage the Mission’s therapy and life coaching programs. This position reports to the Men’s Life Recovery Program and Counseling Director and is a key member of the Therapy and Life Coaching Team.
Are you the right person?
You are an experienced counselor.
You have experience in trauma counseling, with core competencies in addiction-based therapy. You are comfortable and well versed in a variety of counseling methods (EMDR, IFS, DBT, CBT, etc.). You exhibit good professional judgment, are able to establish rapport with participants, are a good listener, are accepting of the client for who he or she is, and you use confrontation in a helpful versus an inappropriate or overly punitive manner. You are also organized and able to maintain adequate documentation.
You are an inspiring leader and teacher.
You can train, motivate, and lead a diverse team of 8 to 10 individuals in pursuit of one goal—helping program participants realize wholeness in every area of life. You have a natural ability to energize relationships. Whether you are speaking or teaching to a class of program participants or a group of employees, you’re in your element.
You are strong in your faith.
Your biblical worldview dictates the way you minister to those in need. You are committed to helping people by applying the best therapeutic insights and practices within the framework of the transforming power of the Christian faith. You have a desire to effectively communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ regularly with participants, therapists, and coaching staff.
You are not afraid of conflict.
You are a conflict competent leader. Instead of avoiding conflict, you seek to understand through conversations and not confrontations. You have learned how to maximize constructive responses to conflict while further minimizing the destructive ones. You have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity.
We are looking for a professional who is a strong leader, a spiritually mature Christian, a counselor at heart but with the ability to manage teams of therapists and life coaches. The right person is someone that can think about the big picture while serving the needs of program participants directly.
- Preferred Master’s degree in counseling, marriage and family therapy or clinical social work and a minimum of two years of pertinent professional experience in counseling (other degrees in the mental health field may be considered on an individual basis).
- Proficient in trauma counseling, (i.e. EMDR, IFS, DBT, CBT, etc.) with core competencies in addiction-based therapy.
- Exhibits clear leadership skills and can lead in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving.
- Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the public.
- Sound clinical judgment and excellent clinical skills.
Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately; flexible and adaptable; able to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner.
- Calm and decisive in crisis situations.
- Ability to sustain a team environment.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by the Mission’s insurance company to drive a 15 passenger van.
1/11/2019 3:13:44 PM