Back to Results
Senior Director, Finance/Controller
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for a passionate, progressive leader to spearhead our Finance team.
The ideal candidate would be described as:
A LEADER – You’ve implemented change before and others will gladly follow you.
DISCIPLINED – Disciplined practices are key to smooth scale and growth.
EXPERIENCED – You’ve done this before and you can lead the way.
DRIVEN – There continues to be a lot of work to do to move things forward.
DECISION-MAKER – You’re not afraid to take action and make decisions.
WELL-ROUNDED ACCOUNTING GURU – This is a controller position, after all.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply for this position.
The Senior Director, Finance/Controller will provide strategic leadership and operational oversight of all things financial (accounting, accounts receivable and payable, financial statement preparation, and financial presentations to the board of directors); overseeing a team of people; and maintaining regulatory compliance requirements for the organization. This position serves as a member of the senior leadership team and directly assists the Chief of Staff in all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and overall risk management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge and experience in each of the following:
• Planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the organization, including treasury and risk management functions.
• Directing all financial management, accounting, and treasury functions including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and monthly financial statements reporting.
• Providing financial leadership for the NRM Leadership Team to develop and communicate the financial strategy of the organization.
• Establishing and maintaining effective financial systems and internal control environments.
• Effectively communicating financial results, forecasts, and budgets to the board and NRM leadership team.
• Directing activities to ensure adequate accounting and safekeeping of assets/records; managing relationships with insurance and risk management providers.
• Managing database services/information systems department to ensure effective and efficient processing systems, controls, and infrastructure are in place to accomplish organizational goals.
• Overseeing the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to foundations, development, and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Overseeing the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all 403(b) Retirement Plan compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is per U.S. GAAP and federal, state, and other required supplementary schedules and information.
• Serving as one of the administrators and oversee financial reporting of the organization's 403(b) Retirement Plan.
• Responsible for developing and submitting annual operating and capital improvement budget to executive management.
• Ensuring effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Attending board and committee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit and Finance committees.
• Overseeing the production of monthly reports including reconciliations, variance analysis as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by executive management, as well as the Finance committee and Board of Directors.
• Overseeing the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
• Providing leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Providing organizational support activities in the evaluation, development, and implementation of internal operational controls to ensure operational/transactional processing systems are properly controlled ensuring data integrity, completeness, and timeliness.
• Acts as liaison with outside accountants on preparation of all federal and state tax and financial reports.
• Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and management staff.
• Any other duties as required by Chief of Staff and/or President/CEO
Special Skills/Education/Training Requirements:
• Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration, or equivalent business experience
• 7-10 years of experience in financial management
• Must hold the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
• Extensive knowledge of financial principles and practices in non-profit organizations 501(c)(3)
• Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing financial systems and procedures, as well as
identifying and resolving accounting and financial issues/problems which allow an organization to operate efficiently
• Financial management skills, including the ability to analyze data for budgeting, operations, auditing, account receivable and reserve analysis, pro forma preparation
12/12/2018 9:30:43 AM