Back to Results
Director of Development
Director of Development-Full Time
The Director of Development is responsible for directing the City Rescue Mission’s development and acquisition of financial and material resources needed to operate the ministry.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer. Positions reporting to the Director of Development include Development Associate and Gift Processor.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
• Fundraising, including financial and material resources
• Supervision of or Creation of Donor Communication Materials and Direct Mail
• Donor Data Management and Analysis and Supervision of Gift Entry
• Development Office Infrastructure & Project Leadership
• Community and Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising
• Major Gifts (Including Major Gift Solicitation) and Planned Giving
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree or CFRE Certification preferred.
• Five or more years professional fundraising experience in the major areas of responsibilities listed above required, preferably in a Christian ministry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate in a concise and persuasive manner.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills. Strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and knowledge of emerging technology and fundraising applications.
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions. Must be able to work on multiple projects all at the same time.
• Data management experience utilizing a relational database system. Knowledge of DonorPerfect (or similar) donor database system preferred.
• Well-developed financial analysis skills required.
• Must be able to communicate biblical stewardship principals.
• Christian testimony required.
Send cover letter with salary requirement, resume highlighting the major areas of responsibility listed above, and a written statement of Christian testimony to email@example.com or mail to Director of Development, City Rescue Mission, PO Box 965, New Castle, PA 16103-0965. To learn more about City Rescue Mission, visit www.CityRescueMission.org.
10/30/2018 11:56:10 AM
Mary Lee Green