Back to Results
Food Services Manager
Turlock Gospel Mission (TGM) is a Christian non-profit organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Stanislaus County by providing critical services through our Ministry Operations since 2009. TGM partners with local churches and the community to meet the physical and spiritual needs of the people we serve.
The Food Service Manager is responsible for the Daily operation of the TGM kitchen ensuring compliance with all health and safety standards while coordinating food services for the Guests of TGM as well as outside contracts. The Food Service Manager will train and oversee all residents and volunteers working in the kitchen. Additionally, the Food Service Manager will create and maintain a meal schedule and is responsible for tracking and reporting daily meal counts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Utilizing a very limited budget, insuring that up to three meals per day are provided for resident and non-resident guests.
· Supervise Kitchen Assistant staff position, residents, and volunteers assigned to food services.
· Responsible for all meal planning and preparation utilizing budget and donations:
o Create nutritional and tasty meals while maintaining food and labor costs.
· Accept and pick up donations, provide receipts, and coordinate with local business and food banks to maximize consumption and minimize waste:
o Ascertain what donations can be used.
o Designate surplus donation within community for consumption.
o Insure all donated food is properly receipted.
· Insure that all equipment is properly maintained and in working order. Train others in correct utilization.
· Operate all food services in compliance with established health and safety standards including The Second Harvest Food Bank, Serv-Safe, USDA and OSHA.
· Submit, by the 10th of each month, the Second Harvest Food Bank report and maintain records for spontaneous inspection.
· Oversee and participate in designated food drives and food shows on an annual basis.
· Train volunteers and residents in proper safety and food handling procedures.
· Accurately report daily meal count.
· Mentor/disciple residents assigned to Kitchen Vocational Training.
· Maintain inventory and storage of all consumables.
· Interface with program staff to facilitate recovery and program completion of clients.
· Responsible to train, schedule and supervise/oversee residents and volunteers.
· Complete required reporting and submit according to deadline.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
Ministry mindset, mature Christian, able to model servant-leadership
· Knowledge of proper food handling and safety
· Good teaching and training skills, conceptually and practically
· Strong planning and organization skills, excellent manager of resources, detail oriented
· Good mathematic, reading, and writing skills
· Computer literate
· Knowledge of recovery related preferred
· Interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate and relate with diverse groups of people
· Current sanitation certification
Working Conditions/Physical Factors
Work in varying temperatures from 0 to 110 degrees between winter and summer, coolers and freezers.
Standing: Frequently Lifting: Frequently, up to 50 lbs
Reaching: Frequently Bending: Frequently
Climbing: Occasionally, stairs
Fire Suppression system
Two-year culinary arts degree preferred
Serv-Safe certificate required
Previous experience in kitchen operations/management
Category: Food Services
5/8/2018 5:03:34 PM